List your job opening on the number one news site in the Robertson County area. Thousands of middle Tennesseans just like you rely on Smokey Barn News everyday, let us tell your story of opportunity.
Let Smokey help you grow your business!!
“Thank you so much for your help. We had a monumental response to our job posting. I’m sure we are going to find the perfect person for the job. The immediate response was overwhelming. I am so glad I decided to go to Smokey Barn!” Rita Hallman, KMC Music
For ad prices: email Jobs@SmokeyBarn.com or call 615-513-9844
A TEAM THAT FITS: ICONIC BRANDS. ENDLESS POTENTIAL
Gap Inc is NOW HIRING Merchandise Handlers for our Distribution Center
• Climate Controlled • Generous Employee Discount • Flexible schedules including FT or PT hours • Weekly Paycheck • Ages 16+
Apply in Person at 100 Gap Blvd Gallatin, TN Mon-Fri 8am-5pm
Gap Inc. is a place where retail legends are born. We offer opportunities across brands and functions, so you can give your career a fresh, new look when you feel like it. With us, you can stay in one place, but keep going somewhere new — whether that’s in your hometown or halfway around the world.
Calvary Baptist is NOW HIRING
For Daycare, Preschool & Summer Camp
Hiring at $10.00 an hour
We are looking for teachers who have a heart for the Lord and a desire to teach children. We would like to fill multiple FULL TIME spots for all age groups, as well as afternoon part time postitions, from our 1 one year old room to the before and after school age class!
Your specific shift would be carefully looked at and discussed with you, and then determined upon hire.
Full time employees (30+ hrs/week) will receive a 50% discount on any of their own children that will accompany them to the center!
Call us at 615-643-6570 between 6am and 6pm, or stop by in person for an application at 2806 Highway 41 South in Greenbrier, TN
We can’t wait to hear from you!
Maintenance Helper & Firefighter – Cross Plains
The city of Cross Plains is currently excepting applications for a full-time Maintenance helper & Firefighter. Experience is helpful but not required. Starting pay is $10 – $12 hour depending on experience. Must be able to work 40 hours per week.
Applications can be picked up at Cross Plains City Hall or Cross Plains Fire Hall.
****Deadline for returning applications is Friday, August 18, 2017 at 3 PM
NOW HIRING FOR SPRINGFIELD LOCATION
Nashville Wire Products, an established local manufacturer of steel wire products for the material handling industry, is growing and accepting resumes for machine operators, material handlers/sit-down forklift drivers, and shipping clerks on night shift for our Springfield, Tennessee location.
2nd shift typically works approximately 52 hours per week with occasional additional overtime as required to meet customer demands. 2nd shift base schedule 3:30 pm until 3:30 am Monday through Thursday with additional Friday OT as required to meet customer demands
Full time benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance availability first of month after 60 days of service, 80 hours vacation after 1 year of service, paid sick time after 90 days of service, 401k with 100% match after 1 year of full time service, 9 paid holidays, employer paid short and long term disability, 1 year pay progression top out, and $300 quarterly perfect attendance bonuses. Successful applicants for all positions must pass math test that includes adding and subtracting tape measure fractions, tape measure reading test, mechanical aptitude evaluation, drug screen, and 7 year background check for misdemeanors and felonies. Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Machine Operator This position will set-up automated welding and metal forming equipment then run production jobs while meeting and/or exceeding established production, set up, and quality standards. This position regularly conducts quality inspections to verify all parts meet blueprint specifications and quality tolerances and are usable for next operations and performs necessary rework and minor repairs on non-conforming parts. Applicants should have recent steady work history with recent experience performing machine set ups and running production jobs on PLC controlled machinery, hydraulic and mechanical stamping presses, or automated welding systems. Prior experience interpreting blueprints, reading tape measure, and computer knowledge required. Prior experience in metal fabrication or resistance welding a plus. This position regularly requires regular heavy lifting (up to 50 pounds). Base start rate $14.50/hour with increases at 90 days, and 1 year from full time hire. Base Pay range $14.50-$15.75/hour.
Manufacturing Material Handlers/Sit Down Forklift Operator This position will operate a sit down forklift to deliver work in process and raw materials to multiple production lines to ensure manufacturing equipment does not shut down for lack of supply. Applicants must have recent steady work history with material handling experience in fast paced manufacturing environment distributing loose materials to machines using a sit down forklift. This position regularly requires regular heavy lifting (up to 50 pounds). Base rate $14.00/hour with increases at 90 days, and 1 year from full time hire. Base pay range $14.50-$15.75/hour.
Shipping Clerk This position ensures our products are provided to customers in an efficient and timely manner. Must have prior recent experience in all functions of shipping/receiving operations including but not limited to loading/unloading trucks with sit down forklift, pulling and staging orders, rf scanning, preparing bills of lading via computer system, and performing inventory control functions such as cycle counting. This position will spend the majority of their time pulling orders so applicants must have recent and strong sit down forklift operating experience in fast paced environment. This position is physically demanding and is required to regularly lift up to 50 pounds. Prior recent experience working in a fast paced manufacturing shipping environment where a high degree of accuracy is required. Qualified candidates must be highly motivated with exceptional computer & communication skills. Base rate $14.50/hour with increases at 90 days, and 1 year from full time hire. Base pay range $14.50-$16.50/hour.
Needing Experienced Medical Assistants & Registrars
NorthCrest Physician Services –
Come work with a great Team!
Apply Now NorthCrest Care Center 450 NorthCrest Drive Springfield, TN 37172
Now Hiring Office Manager/Bookkeeper
Small Electrical Contractor seeking a full-time office manager/bookkeeper.
• Manage all office procedures, documents, and personnel. • Process Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Payroll functions. • Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual Federal and State forms. • Complete various documents requested by all other municipalities, customers, and management.
Experience with Quickbooks, Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel is a must. Prefer Management and Bookkeeping experience of 7 or more years. Associates Degree in Accounting is required. Bachelors Degree would be better.
Salary will be based on education and experience.
Send resume to: email@example.com
NOW HIRING: Sales & Service Tech
Could This Be Your Next Boss? – Payne Chevrolet (NEW OPENINGS!!!)
Come be a part of the Payne family. Family owned business for over 88 years.
Job Responsibilities Assist customers in every aspect of the dealership. Track and monitor all advertising provided by the dealership. Work with phone and internet customers to answer any and all questions. Help maintain all aspects of merchandising including the lot. Help to meet and exceed all goals set by manufacturer and management.
We offer 40 hour work week Salary plus aggressive bonus plan based on performance Health, Dental and Vision insurance Company matching 401k A very extensive training program Modern and Professional work environment
Email your resume to pmathis@PayneChevrolet.com, no phone calls please.
Payne Chev. – Auto Detailer:
Payne Chevrolet, a top automobile dealership and repair facility in the middle Tennessee, has an immediate opening for an automotive Detailer.
Do you love cars? Do you love making them sparkle? Does the thought of working for one of the worlds best selling automotive brands excite you? Then send us your resume today!
Experience preferred but not necessary, training can be made available to the right individual.
Payne is an equal opportunity employer.
Email your resume to pmathis@PayneChevrolet.com with DETAIL JOB in the subject, no phone calls please.
General Line Service Technician:
General Motors experience preferred
· Testing to check whether systems and components are secure and are working properly. · Isolating the systems or components that might have caused the problem. · Driving the vehicle for testing purposes or using various equipment, including hand-held and onboard compression gauges or diagnostic computers. · Maintaining efficiency and accuracy in diagnosing as well as repairing vehicles. · Repairing or replacing worn parts ahead of the vehicle’s breakdown or damage. · Following a checklist in ensuring that, they examine each critical part of the vehicle. · Watching or inspecting closely parts like hoses, belts, plugs, fuel systems, brakes, and other possible troublesome items.
Our Dealership’s Commitment to You :
· Competitive Salary · Health, Dental, Vision and Life · 401k · Paid Time Off · Professional Work Environment · Opportunities For Advancement Job Type: Full-time
Is a “certified” and competent forklift truck operator. Loads/unloads trailers and moves materials within the plant area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Completes daily forklift checklist, including blowing the radiator free of “lint” and immediately reports defects to supervisor(s) and/or maintenance department. • Follows plant and safety rules, as well as forklift truck safety rules, paying particular attention to speed and safe operation of the forklift truck. • Regular attendance is essential. • Works in a team environment. • Aware of activities in working surroundings and is responsible for keeping the department clean, tidy and safe. • Reports any unsafe act, condition, accident or injury immediately to supervisor(s). • Understands and follows the lock-out procedure. • Unloads materials from trailers and organizes them in the work area and loads finished goods onto trailers. • Prepare bill of lading (BOL). • Determines method of shipment. • Ship and receive goods. • Compares quantities and identification numbers of goods against orders to ensure accuracy. • Prepares shipments prior to loading on trailers. • Verifies receipt of shipments against bills of lading, invoices or other documents. • Keeps pertinent records. • Moves materials, parts, skids, totes, finished goods, etc. within the plant area. • Dumps garbage bins and other garbage in appropriate containers when required. • May assist maintenance, die makers and operators in moving heavy dies or equipment. • Follows directives from supervisor(s). • Liaises with production and the customer service department to verify shipping dates, quantities etc. • Attends training, seminars and meetings as requested by management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma; one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and procedure instructions. Ability to communicate effectively with management, supervisors and employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations, where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Forklift operating license.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, controls etc.; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand or bend. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and/or more heavy loads with a pump truck or forklift. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles; and occasionally works with fiberglass insulation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Production Associate 1st shift 4-10 hour shifts Mon.-Thurs.
The Production Associate position is an hourly position, and reports to the Shift Supervisor. The employee works at presses, assist machine operators, removes parts from press, separates parts from scrap, assembles parts, stacks or packages parts and operates equipment.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Follows all plant safety guidelines, practices, and procedures. This includes the proper use of personal protective equipment when required • Regular attendance is essential • Works in a team environment ensures helpers understand their role, knows what precautions are necessary and location of emergency stop buttons • Understands and interprets company work orders and job control procedures • Works efficiently and accurately to achieve and maintain 100% of goal. Gets or requests materials needed, assembles totes, prepares skids, bags and boxes for packaging • Packages specific number of parts on skids, in bags, boxes, etc., labels them, stacks bags of parts on racks, or in appropriate packaging and moves totes/skids of parts to a storage area or to the next operation • Ensures that safety devices are in place and reports any unsafe behavior or situation • Is aware of activities in working surroundings and is responsible for keeping the area clean, tidy, and safe • Other tasks as assigned by Leader
JOB REQUIREMENTS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Must have ability to read/write and interpret documents (safety rules, operating/procedure instructions, blueprints, etc..) • Must have ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, supervision and management • Must have the ability to do basic mathematical calculations • Must have the ability to use a tape measure
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• Must be at least 18 years old • Must have a high school diploma or equivalent • 3-6 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
• Standing/walking for 8 – 12 hours at a time • Exposure to noise is usually moderate • Bending, twisting and turning • Full use of both hands – to handle, feel objects, tools, controls, etc. • Close and distance vision abilities • Works with fiberglass insulation • Regularly works near moving mechanical parts • A/C spot cooled work areas
The Springfield Fire Department is excepting applications for future part time, and full-time positions.
This is a three-part process:
Physical Ability test
Requirements If hired:
Within five (5) years from date of employment you must attain:
Firefighter 1 State Certificate From Tennessee Commission Of Firefighting
A Medical License From The Tennessee Department Of Health
Vehicle Extrication Technician Certification
Pick-up Application At City Hall: 405 North Main St.
Application closing date: June 5, 2017
TRANSMISSION EXCHANGE (SPRINGFIELD) HIRING
Remove & Replace Transmissions Mechanic
Remove & Replace transmissions mechanic needed at Springfield location, but able to help at Nashville location if needed. Pay is based on experience.
Call Ralph Renee Meadows or Lacey Walker at 615-804-6445, and 615-382-5393 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rod’s Tire and Automotive, in Springfield, TN
NOW HIRING GENERAL SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Due to a huge increase in sales and service we are looking for motivated, experienced people to come join our team. Competitive pay, 5 paid holidays. Paid vacation after just 1 year. Health care participation after 90 days. If the below job description fits you please send your resume’ to email@example.com.
General Service Tech – Automotive (Springfield, TN):
• Opening for a General Service Technician who has experience with tires and maintenance service on Autos, Light Trucks. Specific areas of expertise are: • Oil Changes • Tire Mounting – Balancing – Repairing • Passenger – Light Truck – Large Truck and Farm • Vehicle Inspection • Manufacturer Scheduled Maintenance Services • More qualifications will help
Minimum of 1 year experience required and a clean driving record. Compensation: Hourly Employment type: full-time
The Cross Plains Volunteer Fire Department is looking for you.
If you interested in becoming a volunteer firefighter, contact Chief Tommy Jackson.
The Pleasant View Volunteer Fire Department has recently opened our doors to a new station. Our Station 6, found at the corner of Thomasville Rd and Mosley Ferry Rd, has two full time positions Monday-Friday from 6am-6pm. These positions are filled with part-time personnel and we are looking for qualified people to help fill these spots. The qualifications we are looking for are: – 18 years of age or above – High School Diploma or equivalent – Valid Tennessee Driver’s License – State Certified Firefighter I or higher – State Certified Emergency Medical Responder or higher The pay scale ranges from $11.00 – $15.00/hour depending on your qualifications. If you are interested in a position please fill out an application online at www.pvvfd.org. The PVVFD will contact you after receiving your application and it has been reviewed. If you have any questions or would like more information please contact us – firstname.lastname@example.org
((Fill your job fast on Smokey’s jobs page!))
For ad prices: email Jobs@SmokeyBarn.com or call 615-513-9844
Smokey Barn News (Sponsor/Advertisement)
We bring you ALL the News in Robertson County, Tennessee.
Local jobs, job openings, job postings, job listings, help wanted, employment opportunities, businesses now hiring in Springfield tn, Greenbrier tn, Adams tn, Ridgetop tn, White House tn, Cross Plains tn, Millersville tn, Cedar Hill tn, Coopertown tn and Orlinda in Robertson County Tn, Tennessee!