Smokey Barn News, August 15 2013 Springfield, TN
Stove Fire Makes Apartment Unlivable…
A stove fire has left a woman temporarily homeless in Springfield. It could have been much much worse. The fire broke out around 1:25PM Thursday afternoon and Springfield fire was able to show up within 30 seconds according to Springfield Fire Chief Jimmy Hamill. Their fire-hall is located near by.
Fire crews were able to arrive so quickly that they were able to contain the fire to the stove. What remains is a lot of smoke damage that has left the apartment located at 1333 South Main St suit B unlivable. The building is across from Serenity Funeral Home at the intersection of 15th and Main St. The restaurant to the left and the storage area to the right were unaffected. The woman living in the apartment is being assisted by the Red Cross.
Fire Chief Jimmy Hamill said the the Red Cross will accommodate her for three days, after that she will need to find other accommodations until the apartment can be cleaned and repainted. It’s truly a miracle that the older building didn’t go up in flames. It’s a testament to the professionalism of all the fire agencies we have here in Robertson County.
The owner of the building was very appreciative that firefighters saved his building.
Jim Ball reporting
We bring you ALL the News in Robertson County, Tennessee.