Jo Byrns High School Students Accidentally Exposed To Carbon Monoxide.

Jo Byrns High School Students Accidentally Exposed To Carbon Monoxide.http://youtu.be/E7-m7Zl9D7IAccording to Robertson County Schools communications coordinator Jim Bellis, students began complaining of headaches, nausea and smelling a strange odor this morning. Officials suspected that a maintenance worker running a gas powered water pump accidentally got too close to an intake of the ventilation system. A a carbon monoxide test was performed and Adams Fire Chief Ray Brown has confirmed the gas pump was the source of fumes that entered the ventilation system.  All students were moved to the gym while they air out the school. Robertson County EMS are attending to any sick students but there are no serious injuries and no one has been transported to the hospital. Parents are being notified at this time and can come pick up their children if they wish. Smokey is on the scene and many parents are arriving to pick up their children. We are waiting to hear from Officials on their plan for the remainder of the school day. UPDATE – 1:19pm: Around 65 children reported mild symptoms and were checked out  by Robertson County EMT’s and are doing fine. Officials tell us that school will remain in session for the rest of the day. If your child is still at school there is no need to be concerned for their safety as the air is being closely monitored and Officials are continuing to air out the building. The school will probably resume normal operation within the hour.

Jo Byrns carbon monoxide We will bring you more details as they become available.

Comments

comments

Latest Comments
  1. morgan

    im thankful everyone was ok. i was paniced so much.

  2. Taylor

    I am really glad that nobody was terribly sick from it.