Springfield Area Home Lost To Fire Sunday

Slider fire

Slider fire

Springfield Area Home Lost To Fire Sunday

SPRINGFIELD TENNESSEE: (Smokey Barn News) – A Springfield area home was lost to fire early Sunday. The home sits on Fulton Rd between Larry Williams Rd and River Rd not far from Roy Pearson Rd.

According to emergency dispatch, the fire started around 2:42 a.m. According to Robertson County Emergency Management Agency Assistant Director Kenny Hardaway, all of the occupants made it out of the home safely.

The cause of the fire is under investigation by the Orlinda Fire Department, however, we do not believe that foul play is suspected by authorities at this time. According to Sr. fire Chief Dusty Johnson with the Orlinda Fire department, the residents said they had employed the use of a space heater.

Space heaters are a common cause of home fires for several reasons. Portable heaters are often put in use near flammable items like drapes, blankets or furniture.  The use of extension cords that are not rated for use with a space heater can also cause a fire. Chief Johnson said he will be looking into that possibility but he was leaning towards an electrical fire either way.

The residents were carrying insurance on the home, according to Hardaway but if the family decides to go public with any needs that they have we will bring it to you. There were three occupants in the home at the time of the fire Hardaway said.

Robertson County EMS, EMA along with the Orlinda Fire Department, Cross Plains Fire Department and the Robertson County Sheriff’s Office all responded to the fire.

We bring you ALL the News in and surrounding Robertson County, Tennessee.

upcoming events banner

Comments

comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *