Assistance Available For 2021-22 Pre-k Registration Application Process
ROBERTSON COUNTY TENNESSEE: (Smokey Barn News) – Robertson County Schools is offering parents of pre-k students assistance in the application process for the 2021-22 school year!
Need assistance applying?
Please go to Bransford Elementary School at 700 Bransford Drive, Springfield on the following dates and times:
Wednesday, April 7 from 4:00 – 6:00
Tuesday, April 20th from 4:00 – 6:00
Friday, April 23rd from 8:30 – 11:30
Wednesday, May 5th from 4:00 – 6:00
VOLUNTARY PRE-K PROGRAMS for four-year-old children are available at Bransford, Coopertown, East Robertson, Greenbrier, Krisle, and Jo Byrns elementary schools. Children must be 4 years old on or before August 15 to apply for enrollment in this program for the upcoming school year. Students in households meeting the income requirements defined by the Tennessee Department of Education are eligible for enrollment and will be selected based on income eligibility requirements defined by state guidelines. Only a parent or legal guardian may register a child.
DOCUMENTS NEEDED TO APPLY FOR THE VOLUNTARY PRE-K PROGRAM
1. Proofs of Residence – shall include two of the following:
• property tax records
• mortgage documents / property deed
• income tax documents
• lease agreement/rent receipts including date, amount and names of persons who made and received payments.
• utility bill (issued within the last 3 months of date of verification – water, gas, electric)
• state or government issued ID (example: driver’s license, auto registration)
• voter precinct identification
• affidavit certifying address as student’s primary residence (student resides Monday through Thursday or the majority of the nights per month)
If you do not have the above listed proofs of residence, you must provide a letter from the individual that permits you and your family to reside at his/her property. The letter must state the relationship to the student and that the student will reside at his/her property full time for the length of the upcoming school year. The letter must include the address of residence along with two proofs of residence (see required documents listed above).
2. Child’s birth certificate – long-form requested – must list name(s) of parent(s)
3. Evidence of a current (within the past year) medical exam and required immunizations on a Tennessee form
4. Parent’s / Guardian’s Driver’s License and/or Photo ID
5. Emergency contact information (names, addresses, and telephone numbers)
6. Custody papers (if applicable)
To apply for the Voluntary Pre-K Program, documents 1 – 6 listed below are required. Students in households meeting the income requirements defined by the Tennessee Department of Education are eligible for enrollment and will be selected based on income eligibility requirements defined by state guidelines. Proof of income for all adults residing in the child’s home is required as outlined below in items 7 and 8.
Complete the Application to Determine Income Eligibility online and include:
7. Proof of participation in one or more of the following programs if any apply to your family: Early Head Start, Head Start, Foster Care, Homeless, Migrant, (EBT) Food Stamps, (TANF) Families First, (AFDC) Public Assistance Payments. If your family did not participate in one or more of these programs, move on the step 2.
8. Proof of income for every adult residing in household: Examples of proof of income are as follows: employer pay stub(s), W-2 form(s), income tax documents, unemployment compensation documentation, workman’s compensation documentation, pension pay stub(s), documentation of retirement income, social security, veteran’s benefit letter, child support and/or alimony documentation, foster care reimbursement(s), and SSI documentation.
FOR SPANISH APPLICATION INFO, CLICK –> HERE
TO APPLY ONLINE:
You can complete your child’s online application. Just go to www.rcstn.net and click on the following button in the blue ribbon. Only a completed application can be considered for placement.
Mobile: To See The Latest Stories or to share this article, scroll below