Benefit Fishing Tournament Hosted By Greenbrier PD This Saturday
GREENBRIER TENNESSEE: (Smokey Barn News) – The Greenbrier Police Department will host its first annual benefit fishing tournament this Saturday, April 30, 2022 from 7AM to 3PM at the Bull Creek Boat Ramp on Old Hickory Lake at 200 Odoms Bend Road, Gallatin, TN 37066.
All proceeds will be given to the Robertson County Isaiah 117 House.
Isaiah 117 House provides physical and emotional support in a safe and loving home for children awaiting foster care placement. For more information, please click here.
FISHING TOURNAMENT Registration…
Register at Ramp – $130 Boat entry fee. Optional $20 Big Fish Add on.
Sponsorship Opportunities are available. Please call or email Curt Allen or Buster Locklayer at Greenbrier Police Department 615-643-4467.
First Place (contingent on 5o boats) $5000
Big Fish Optional Buy-In $20 – $500 Payout
Tournament rules are listed below…
Rules for Isaiah 117 House Benefit Fishing Tournament
Safe boating must be observed at all times. Each contestant is required to wear a U.S. Coast Guard approved flotation device any time the boat is planed out. All boats must be equipped with a factory installed emergency ignition-shutoff device. Competitors may leave their boat to seek shelter in bad weather or if danger is imminent.
All competitors are required to follow high standards of sportsmanship, courtesy, conversation to conduct them in a manner that will be a credit to themselves.
Conduct not complying with these standards includes, but not limited to, the following
• Consumption and/or possession of alcoholic beverages or any kind of mind- altering substances prior to and during the tournament hours.
• Boat operation in an unsafe or un-sportsman like manner.
• Suspension/disqualification, probation or ban from any tournament or fishing organization.
• All bass must be caught live and in a convention sporting manner. All lures must adhere to state regulations. Only artificial lures may be used with the exception of pork style trailers.
• Live wells will be checked prior to the start of the tournament.
• Contestants who are not at the check in area at the appointed time will be penalized 1 pound per minute deducted from total weight, including any weight counted towards big bass. Any contestant 15 minutes late will lose for that day’s weight.
• Any angler that has boat problems during the tournament will be responsible for contacting another angler fishing in the tournament for assistance as well as notifying anyone helping in directing the tournament.
• Any anger having boat issues will be allowed to contact another angler fishing the Isaiah 117 House benefit tournament to move their day’s catch to an empty live-well of that angler’s boat to be transported to weigh in.
• Every effort must be made to keep bass alive through the use of a properly aerated live well. An 8 ounce penalty will be deducted from total weight for each dead bass presented for weigh in.
• Any dead fish that is weighed in for big fish will result in an 8 ounce deduction from the big fish award. Big fish will be determined as the biggest fish in your possession for that day.
• Fish will be measured on a Golden Ruler
• Fish will be allowed a courtesy measurement prior to the beginning of the weigh-in.
• Any fish that is found not to be of the legal-size limit, will not count.
Mobile: To See The Latest Stories or to share this article, scroll below