Fair Overcomes Ride Issues Ready For Tuesday Night!
August 26, 2014
The carnival came from Ashland City Saturday night (Cheatham Co Fair) and
Smokey Barn News Tuesday August 26th, 2014 Springfield, Robertson County, Tenn. (Sponsored Ad)
Fair Overcomes Ride Issues Ready For Tuesday Night
So the consensus was that the carnival just wasn’t ready last night, so what happened? Smokey did some investigating and here’s what we have. The carnival came from Ashland City Saturday night (Cheatham Co Fair) and could not break down on schedule due to very heavy rains that went through the middle Tennessee area. This caused them to be late getting to Robertson County and late getting rides up and running by gate time yesterday. As the night progressed they were able to get several rides up and operational but not in time for everyone to enjoy the rides that paid to get in.The fair board has asked Smokey to send out their deepest apologies for any inconvenience the delay may have caused. The Fair Board has indicated that they had a good chat with Lowery Carnival Company last night and.. “They assure us that they are ready and fully operational for Tuesday and are sorry for the issues yesterday.”For those that went last night, if you bought a hand stamp and it is still visible, or you have a photograph of you or your family at the fair last night, the individuals in the photo or the visable hand-stamp will be allowed in FREE! To qualify you must go to the Main-Gate by the Exhibit-Hall between 5:00PM and 7:00PM.
We have also been told there will be 20 rides operational, with 6 rides for children that meet the 36″ height restrictions. The rest will be big rides with a taller height restriction. So come and enjoy the Fair.
According to the Fair board rides will run roughly til 10pm on week days and till 11pm on weekend, however if they are real busy rides will probably run later!
Other Fair News….
The Rodeo – had a decent crowd last night, expecting a good crowd tonight too..
They are still looking for entries in the Rob. Co. Got Talent and will take them up to show time on Thursday. (see more details below)
4-H Share the Fun Talent Show is full with 20 contestants for Saturday. No more entries will be excepted. Should be a great show!
Faith and Worship Night Wednesday – we expect a good turnout. Sponsored by Robertson County Baptist Association and led by Grace Baptist Church – Century Stage.
There is still time to enter “Robertson County’s got Talent” Ages 20 & Up Thursday, August 28, 2104 7 P.M.
Location: Century Stage
Entry Form Due Robertson County Extension Office or Fair Office by Friday, August 22 UT Extension, 408 N. Main Street, Springfield, Fax: 384-2941 Parking is on your own.
All Entries must be checked in at Century Stage by 6:30 P.M.
Premiums: 1st – $100, 2nd – $50, 3rd – $25
1. Open to ages 20 and up.
2. Open to amateur talent, not professionals. Performance in weddings or at funerals is not considered professional.
3. Acts limited to 5 minutes, including any spoken intros by the act. Number of acts may be limited due to time constraints. Acts will be considered on first come, first serve basis.
4. All acts must be family appropriate. The fair reserves the right to not accept or to dismiss an act if not appropriate for a family-friendly atmosphere, i.e., language, subject matter, gestures, etc.
5. A CD player and PA system with three microphones will be available. Make sure your CD works in a CD player and not just on your computer.
6. Public restrooms are available for dressing, if needed.
7. Acts will be judged based on the Applause Meter.
8. There will be 1st, 2nd and 3rd place trophies. Cash awards: 1st place – $100, 2nd place – $50, 3rd place – $25.
9. Trophies and cash for first three placings will be awarded per act, not per person in the act.