SEE UPDATED LOCATION:
Is Private School For Your Family? Davidson Academy
Admissions Open House Thursday Oct. 29 @ 6:30PM
MIDDLE TENNESSEE (Smokey Barn News) Have you been considering an alternative source of education for your children. Davidson Academy will be having a community interest meeting on Thursday October 29,2015 at the at our main campus located at 1414 W. Old Hickory Blvd. in Nashville at 6:30pm.
Get To Know Davidson Academy:
- Our alumni have gone on to do undergraduate and graduate work at the country’s most prestigious colleges and universities, including Vanderbilt, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Tulane, Furman, Emory, and Rhodes.
- We offer college-preparatory academics, including both Advanced Placement and dual enrollment courses through Union University for college credit.
- Smaller class sizes for math and reading in the Lower School allow for more individual-appropriate instruction.
- Class of 2015 earned an average of $129,000 in scholarship offers, $7.5 million total.
- In their “exit interviews,” our graduating seniors tell us each year how they appreciate passionate, engaging teachers who care about, and are invested in, them as a whole: mind, spirit and body.
- More than 20 different denominations and 50 different churches are represented among our student body and faculty. We are distinctly Christ-centered, but with a real-world interdenominational approach.
- We offer a large variety of championship athletics, arts endeavors and academic competitions, with almost every student in the Upper School involved in at least one type of extracurricular activity.
- The average ACT composite score of our honors students in 2014 was 30. The overall average was 25, significantly higher than national averages.
- Now serving a second generation, more than 90 current students are children of more than 60 alumni parents.
- Being the hands and feet of Jesus Christ is encouraged through mission trips, service organizations, and ministry projects.
- Students explore the world and expand their learning through a variety of annual travel opportunities, both in the United States and abroad.
- We are fully accredited by AdvancED (formerly Southern Association of Colleges and Schools) and a member of Tennessee Association of Independent Schools.
- The Stanford 10 is the standardized test at DA for grades 1-7, regarded as more rigorous than the state’s TCAP testing.
We bring you ALL the News in and surrounding Robertson County, Tennessee.