Robertson County’s Got Talent – Age 5 & Up! Ribbons, Cash prizes and trophies too!
Smokey Barn News Thursday August 14, 2014 Robertson County, Tenn. (Sponsored Ad)
CHILDREN & ADULTS
Showcase Your Talent At The RC Fair Talent Show – Youth To Adult!
Share the Fun Youth Talent Show See Adult Sign-Ups Below
Saturday, August 30, 2014, 4:00 P.M. – Century Stage Coordinator: Kathy Finley
Rules: 1. Open to Robertson County and adjacent counties youth, ages 5 – 19 (age on August 22, 2014.)
2. Limited to one non-youth accompanist.
3. Acts will consist of no more than 10 members. Class determined by oldest member of the group.
4. Acts will be classified as one of three age divisions.
5. Acts will have a time limit of 3-5 minutes depending on the number of entries.
6. All acts may give a short introduction to their performance (included in the time limit).
7. Be ready to perform and checked-in at the Century Stage by 5:30 p.m.
8. A p.a. system with three microphones will be furnished.
9. Piano/keyboard, cd/tape players, any other equipment or instruments will not be furnished.
10. One pass will be provided per performer when the application is submitted. One additional pass will be provided per act.
11. CD’s and/or tapes should be cued for play in cd/tape players to keep the program moving.
12. Music should be appropriate for all age groups, i.e, language, subject matter, etc.
13. Only one entry per lot.
14. Applications are due by Friday, August 22, at the UT Extension Office, 408 N. Main Street, Springfield. Applications may be faxed to 384-2941, but passes must be picked up at Fair Office after August 22.
15. Applications are available in the Fair Catalog or at the UT Extension Office. For more information, contact 384-7936.
Prizes: 1st – $25, 2nd – $15, 3rd – $10 place ribbons per lot, participation ribbons and trophy for “Best of Show” selected from combination of all lots.
Class I – Ages 5 – 8 years old Class II – Ages 9 – 12 years old Class III – Ages 13 – 19 years old Lot 1. Instrumental Performance (Entries including exclusively instrumental music.) Lot 2. Vocal Performance (Entries including any vocal music act – with or without instrumental back-up.) Lot 3. Dance Performance (Entries limited to: jazz dance, ballet, clogging/tap, square dance, baton, acrobatics/gymnastics. Gymnasts must use and furnish their own mats.)
Date and Time: Thursday, August 28, 2104 7 P.M. Location: Century Stage
Entry Form Due Robertson County Extension Office or Fair Office by Friday, August 22 UT Extension, 408 N. Main Street, Springfield, Fax: 384-2941.
All Entries must be checked in at Century Stage by 6:30 P.M.
Premiums: 1st – $100, 2nd – $50, 3rd – $25
Rules: 1. Open to ages 20 and up.
2. Open to amateur talent, not professionals. Performance in weddings or at funerals is not considered professional.
3. Acts limited to 5 minutes, including any spoken intros by the act. Number of acts may be limited due to time constraints. Acts will be considered on first come, first serve basis.
4. All acts must be family appropriate. The fair reserves the right to not accept or to dismiss an act if not appropriate for a family-friendly atmosphere, i.e., language, subject matter, gestures, etc.
5. A CD player and PA system with three microphones will be available. Make sure your CD works in a CD player and not just on your computer.
6. Public restrooms are available for dressing, if needed.
7. Acts will be judged based on the Applause Meter.
8. There will be 1st, 2nd and 3rd place trophies. Cash awards: 1st place – $100, 2nd place – $50, 3rd place – $25.
9. Trophies and cash for first three placings will be awarded per act, not per person in the act.