SPRINGFIELD CVS Starting Trend With Medical Services
ROBERTSON COUNTY, SPRINGFIELD TENNESSEE: (Smokey Barn News) CVS Pharmacy in Springfield has been servicing the local community for many years. After being one of the first to no longer offer tobacco products CVS is making the leap to providing medical services too, it’s called Minute Clinic®.
Minute Clinic® is a walk-in medical clinic and they’re staffed by nurse practitioners and physician assistants who specialize in family health care. The goal is to care for children and adults, every day with no appointment needed.
What do they offer….?
Care from experienced practitioners
- Diagnose, treat and write prescriptions for common family illnesses such as strep throat, bladder infections, pink eye, and infections of the ears, nose and throat.
- Provide common vaccinations for flu, pneumonia, pertussis and hepatitis, among others.
- Treat minor wounds, abrasions, joint sprains, and skin conditions such as poison ivy, ringworm, lice and acne.
- Provide a wide range of wellness services including TB testing, sports and camp physicals, and lifestyle programs such as smoking cessation and a medically based weight loss program.
- Offer routine lab tests, instant results and education for those with diabetes, high cholesterol or high blood pressure.
- Provide care to adults and children 18 months and older for most services.
- Share records with primary care provider with patient permission.
We suggest reading the What to Know sections on the service pages. This will help you to prepare and get the most out of your visit.
Patients with the following should not seek care at Minute Clinic:
- Severe chest pain
- Severe shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Suspected poisoning
- Children with temperatures of 104+ degrees F. or more
- Adults with temperatures of 103+ degrees F. or more
- Conditions that require our practitioners to prescribe controlled substances
Patients with conditions or health needs outside of our clinical scope will be directed to other health care providers within the community.
We accept most insurance. Our care is affordable.
Click Here For a more detailed list of services
Click Here For a more detailed list of services in SPANISH
We bring you ALL the News in and surrounding Robertson County, Tennessee.