Smokey Barn News August 19,2013 Robertson County Tennessee
Robertson County Schools announce school achievements….
Schools across the state of Tennessee are releasing school-level data regarding Tennessee Comprehensive Assessment Program (TCAP) and End of Course (EOC) tests this week. The Tennessee Department of Education assessments are tests that measure school and individual student progress based on core content and yearly growth in reading/language arts, math, science, and social studies.
The Robertson County School District is pleased to announce that eight schools in Robertson County reached their Annual Measurable Objectives or AMOs for individual achievement for the 2012-2013 school year. These schools were:
• Cheatham Park Elementary
• Coopertown Elementary
• Greenbrier Elementary
• Jo Byrns Elementary
• Westside Elementary
• WH Heritage Elementary
• Coopertown Middle
• Greenbrier Middle
Highlights from individual school data include:
• 32 percent gain in math in eighth grade at Springfield Middle School.
• 13.4 percent gain in Algebra I at Springfield High School.
• 10.4 percent gain in Algebra II at Greenbrier High School.
• 14.1 percent gain in Biology I at Jo Byrns High School.
• 12.4 percent gain in English 2 at East Robertson High School.
• 13.8 percent gain in English 3 at White House Heritage High School.
• 12.2 percent gain in fourth grade math at East Robertson Elementary School.
• 14.4 percent gain in fourth grade science at Krisle Elementary School.
• 11.4 percent gain in third grade math at Watauga Elementary School.
Robertson County Schools was also listed as one of the few districts in the state with only one subgroup in need of improvement, which was English Language Learners (ELL). We congratulate these schools, administrators, teachers, and students for their achievements, and will continue to strive for continued growth towards our goal of academic success for each student.Robertson County Schools Expect Success!
Ensuring each student is prepared to succeed in life
Robertson County Schools
2121 Woodland Street ♦ Springfield, TN 37172
James M. (Mike) Davis, Director
Smokey Barn News (Sponsor/Advertisement)
We bring you ALL the News in Robertson County, Tennessee.