Firefighter Injured & Family Of 5 Displaced After Home Fire
SPRINGFIELD TENNESSEE: (Smokey Barn News) – Just 10 days before Christmas a family of five has lost their home to fire.
The resident told Smokey Barn News that the water heater caught fire and they tried putting it out with a fire extinguisher. The fire seemed to go out but reignited, the family said. The family then evacuated the home safely.
In the process of venting the fire, a Springfield Firefighter was injured and transported to NorthCrest Medical Center in Springfield. According to Springfield Fire Chief Jimmy Hamill, Dustin Dudley, an 11-year veteran of the Springfield Fire Department suffered two ruptured tendons in his right arm. Dudley is a Firefighter and am EMT.
The structure is a total loss for the family that was renting the home. Firefighters were called to the home just after 8:30p.m. Tuesday evening and again just after midnight. The first fire was likely caused by a water heater, the circumstances of the second fire (preliminary) appear to be suspicious. “The fire is under investigation,” Hamill said.
The fire has left the family of five with nothing but the clothes on their backs. There are 3 kids, 2 of them are at Springfield Middle School. They need clothes but school officials are suggesting Walmart or Goodwill Gift cards so they can choose what they need.
The family is staying with another family and have not acquired another residence. Please bring any donations to Springfield Middle School; contact the school at 615-384-4821. Springfield Middle is accepting donations today at their Gym Door. There are 3 children (a 16 year-old male, a 12 year-old male and a 14 year-old female) SIZES: Boy: XL 36X30 Girls: M Jr # 7 pants Boy: M 30X30
As soon as we have more information we will bring it to you.
We bring you ALL the News in and surrounding Robertson County, Tennessee.