Greenbrier Baby In Fight For His Life After Drinking Stain Remover

cleaners slider

Smokey Barn News July 6, 2013

Greenbrier: First reported last night by Smokey, an accidental poisoning has put a two year old Greenbrier boy in a fight for his life. The call came in around 7:30PM Saturday evening that a child was vomiting and becoming lethargic at 210 West South Street. The child was conscious when medics arrived at the home but shortly became unresponsive. The child consumed Resolve liquid laundry stain remover, according to Greenbrier Fire Chief Billy Wilson. The child was taken via ground to Northcrest Medical Center then lifeflighted to Vanderbilt Childrens Hospital. At last report the child was still unresponsive.

UPDATE 3:30PM Sunday: According to Greenbrier Mayor Billy Wilson the child is still unresponsive at Vanderbilt Childrens Hospital’s ICU.  No further information was made available.

Greenbrier Police have referred the incident to the Department of Children’s Services. According to Wilson there is an active investigation at this time.

UPDATE 10:00PM Sunday:

The boy’s grandmother Stacey Smyth has told smokey that the boy regained consciousness sometime after 4PM and is showing sighs of improvement. We’ll be looking for another report later Monday to see if he continues to improve.

Stand by for further updates as they come in.

We bring you ALL the News in Robertson County Tennessee. Adams, TN. Cedar Hill, TN. Coopertown, TN. Cross Plains, TN. Greenbrier, TN. Millersville, TN. Orlinda, TN. Ridgetop, TN. Springfield, TN. White House, TN. Tenn

One Response