Home Fire Displaces Family Just 2 Days Before Thanksgiving

Home Fire Displaces Family Just 2 Days Before Thanksgiving

Home Fire Displaces Family Just 2 Days Before Thanksgiving

COOPERTOWN TENNESSEE: (Smokey Barn News) – A Coopertown area home sustained heavy damage and is likely a total loss after a fire tore through the home just two days before Thanksgiving.

The home is located in the 3000 block of Sandy Springs Rd just outside Coopertown but carries a Cedar Hill address. MAP

According to Chief PJ Duncan with the Pleasant View Volunteer Fire Department, firefighters from Pleasant View, Adams and White House Community Volunteer Fire Department put in a great effort and saved much of the contents but the home itself will likely be classified as a total loss.

According to Chief Duncan, the fire was likely started by a heat lamp on the back deck of the home. The lamp ignited the deck and facade of the home and then made its way into the attic and took off.

Sponsored

Chief Duncan told Smokey Barn News that supporting that theory was the 911 log. A passer-by saw that the top of the home was on fire around 2 pm and called 911. Moments later the home’s fire alarm automatically alerted first responders. Chief Duncan believes that the minutes between the two calls was the time it took the fire to move from the attic down into the living space of the home where the fire triggered the home’s fire alarm.

No one was home at the time of the fire and no injuries have been reported.

The Robertson County Emergency Management Agency put the family in contact with the American Red Cross.

The Pleasant View Volunteer Fire Department, the Adams Fire Department, the White House Community Volunteer Fire Department, the Robertson County Emergency Management Agency, Robertson County EMSa and the Coopertown Police Department all responded to the scene.

If the family reaches out to us with any needs that they have, we will bring it to you.

Smokey Barn News (Advertisement)

Smokey Barn News (Advertisement)

Comments

comments