Is Private School For Your Family? Davidson Academy
(Special Local Meeting)
SPRINGFIELD TENNESSEE (Smokey Barn News) Have you been considering an alternative source of education for your children. Davidson Academy will be having a community interest meeting on Thursday July 23,2015 at the Farmers Bank on Tom Austin Hwy in Springfield, TN at 6pm.
Get To Know Davidson Academy:
- Our alumni have gone on to do undergraduate and graduate work at the country’s most prestigious colleges and universities, including Vanderbilt, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Tulane, Furman, Emory, and Rhodes.
- We offer college-preparatory academics, including both Advanced Placement and dual enrollment courses through Union University for college credit.
- Smaller class sizes for math and reading in the Lower School allow for more individual-appropriate instruction.
- Class of 2015 earned an average of $129,000 in scholarship offers, $7.5 million total.
- In their “exit interviews,” our graduating seniors tell us each year how they appreciate passionate, engaging teachers who care about, and are invested in, them as a whole: mind, spirit and body.
- More than 20 different denominations and 50 different churches are represented among our student body and faculty. We are distinctly Christ-centered, but with a real-world interdenominational approach.
- We offer a large variety of championship athletics, arts endeavors and academic competitions, with almost every student in the Upper School involved in at least one type of extracurricular activity.
- The average ACT composite score of our honors students in 2014 was 30. The overall average was 25, significantly higher than national averages.
- Now serving a second generation, more than 90 current students are children of more than 60 alumni parents.
- Being the hands and feet of Jesus Christ is encouraged through mission trips, service organizations, and ministry projects.
- Students explore the world and expand their learning through a variety of annual travel opportunities, both in the United States and abroad.
- We are fully accredited by AdvancED (formerly Southern Association of Colleges and Schools) and a member of Tennessee Association of Independent Schools.
- The Stanford 10 is the standardized test at DA for grades 1-7, regarded as more rigorous than the state’s TCAP testing.
We bring you ALL the News in and surrounding Robertson County, Tennessee.