Owens Corning Now Hiring Production Associate – 1st Shift (Springfield)
Production Associate 1st shift 4-10 hour shifts Mon.-Thurs.
Direct Hire Starts $11.00 to $11.25/hour…$12.00 to $12.75/hour after one year.
The Production Associate position is an hourly position, and reports to the Shift Supervisor. The employee works at presses, assist machine operators, removes parts from press, separates parts from scrap, assembles parts, stacks or packages parts and operates equipment.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Follows all plant safety guidelines, practices, and procedures. This includes the proper use of personal protective equipment when required
• Regular attendance is essential
• Works in a team environment ensures helpers understand their role, knows what precautions are necessary and location of emergency stop buttons
• Understands and interprets company work orders and job control procedures
• Works efficiently and accurately to achieve and maintain 100% of goal. Gets or requests materials needed, assembles totes, prepares skids, bags and boxes for packaging
• Packages specific number of parts on skids, in bags, boxes, etc., labels them, stacks bags of parts on racks, or in appropriate packaging and moves totes/skids of parts to a storage area or to the next operation
• Ensures that safety devices are in place and reports any unsafe behavior or situation
• Is aware of activities in working surroundings and is responsible for keeping the area clean, tidy, and safe
• Other tasks as assigned by Leader
JOB REQUIREMENTS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Must have ability to read/write and interpret documents (safety rules, operating/procedure instructions, blueprints, etc..)
• Must have ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, supervision and management
• Must have the ability to do basic mathematical calculations
• Must have the ability to use a tape measure
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
• 3-6 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
• Standing/walking for 8 – 12 hours at a time
• Exposure to noise is usually moderate
• Bending, twisting and turning
• Full use of both hands – to handle, feel objects, tools, controls, etc.
• Close and distance vision abilities
• Works with fiberglass insulation
• Regularly works near moving mechanical parts
• A/C spot cooled work areas
OWENS CORNING: Compelling Careers, Delivering Innovation Solutions
Owens Corning has touched your life and the world around you in more ways than you can imagine. We’ve been making products that play a role in thousands of ways worldwide—from composites that make your car lighter, stronger and more efficient, to innovative roofing products and energy-efficient insulation for over 75 years.
We have been a Fortune 500 company for the last 61 years, as our innovations continue to enhance lives and the communities in which we live, work and play. Discover compelling career opportunities with Owens Corning today.
JOIN OUR TEAM TODAY! CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Learn more about what we do at Owens Corning – Click Here
We bring you ALL the News in and surrounding Robertson County, Tennessee.