Roads are very slick and dangerous…
SEE PHOTOS BELOW
UPDATE: 12:00PM Monday, County Mayor Howard Bradley Addresses Community Amidst Ice Storm. Scroll down for More info and photos.
REFRESH THIS PAGE FOR UPDATES..
ROBERTSON COUNTY TENNESSEE: (Smokey Barn News) – Road conditions are very poor, many companies are closing today due to the cold icy weather so be sure to call ahead before you attempt to travel. We have many trees and power lines down. We have come down off our peak of 8,000 homes without power but Pleasant View is still largely without power. Crews are working to restore power but the road conditions are slowing efforts. If you don’t have to travel please don’t.
According to Emergency Management Director R.L. Douglas, Governor Bill Haslam has placed state of Tennessee in a State of Emergency. “We have very very hazardous driving conditions and it will likely take a couple of days to recover. If you attempt to drive you will likely end up in a ditch or be stuck in traffic. Crews are working to open the roads but the low temperatures are hampering efforts. The back roads are very dangerous. It’s best to just not go out today.”
Road Conditions Report & Company Closings: Robertson County
If your company is closing due to weather please email us at CompanyClosings@SmokeyBarn.com
- Rankin Fabrication Inc. will be closed Monday, March 3, 2014 due to inclement weather.
- Electrolux, red shift, is closed due to inclement weather…. Per guard shack (recommend call to confirm)
- Greenbrier Kids Connection is closed today.
- Plummer Health & Wellness will be closed Monday due to weather.
- The Potting Shed Florist in Greenbrier will be closed today.
- Fleetline in Springfield is shut down for the day. (recommend call to confirm)
- The regularly scheduled March School Board meeting for the Robertson County School System that was scheduled for tonight (march 3) has been rescheduled for March 4th at 7:00PM at the central office.
- “The Health Kick” On Memorial Blvd – Our #1 priority is always the health and safety of not only our staff but that of our customers with this in mind we have decided it is best to close the store down for the day.
- Firehouse Sports Bar – Due to the weather, we will not be open today. None of us could get to town safely. Stay safe and warm.
- Adams City Hall will be closed today due to bad road conditions. Be safe and stay home if at all possible.
- Burdett’s Tea Shop will be closed today.
- The Dollar Tree in Springfield will be closing at 5pm due to weather
- Juvenile Court Closings: (Robertson County)
Due to the inclement weather and in the interest of safety, Robertson County Juvenile Court is closed today and tomorrow morning, March 4, 2014, and all child support docket cases set for 9:00 a.m. will be reset by the child support office. Any question can be assisted on Wednesday, March 5, 2014, by calling the child support office at 382-2433. The afternoon Juvenile Court docket for tomorrow, March 4, 2014 at 1:30 p.m. remains scheduled and closure will be determined later and posted on SmokeyBarn.
General Session Court Is Closed today but is still set to be OPEN all day tomorrow Tuesday March 4. If we get word on any changes we will let you know.
Juvenile Court Magistrate
- Vol State Campuses closed
Due to inclement weather, all Vol State Campuses will be closed today, Monday, March 3 (including Highland Crest). This does include evening classes. No day classes, no evening classes at all locations. Monday. http://www.volstate.edu/#
UPDATE 11:50PM Sunday
We are getting reports of trees and power lines down all across the county. No major reports of damage. We do have a tree down on a home in Springfield (See photo below) and the roads are very icy.
To see more photos and monitor Facebook comments click here.
12:23AM Monday READER PHOTOS ADDED click here.
12:55AM Total CEMC costumers without power has doubled in the last hour. Current number is 2499.
UPDATE 1:13 AM Costumers without power now 3373
UPDATE 1:55 AM Costumers without power now 5335. Police are saying that the roads are very slick and dangerous.
2:26AM Monday: Total Members Without Power almost doubles again: New total 8559 customers without power. See maps below.
Email your ice pics to IcePix@SmokeyBarn.com
Remember, with the ice storm even stepping outside can be dangerous.
BELOW: Power Outage Reports.
BELOW Power Outage Map at 7:36AM
BELOW Power Outage Map at 2:25AM
Lori Calvert of Ridgetop says Barwood has been out since 7:30PM, lynn circle is out and part of lennox is without power. 257 by the park is barricaded off by police and traffic is being routed thrugh Lynn Circle and all lights out there too. UPDATE 1:11AM Power back on at Barwood Rd.
BELOW Power Outage Map at 1:16AM
BELOW Power Outage Map at 11:50PM
Do you have power? Please report your general location.
TO SEE MORE WEATHER PICS CLICK HERE
We bring you ALL the News in Robertson County, Tennessee.