Springfield Home Destroyed By Fire Thursday

VolVapor Ad 511a

Smokey Barn News
Thursday June 5, 2014
Springfield, Tenn.             See updates below

Springfield Home Destroyed By Fire Thursday

A home located at the Circle J Ranch, located on Bethlehem Road in Springfield is a total loss after a fire that broke out just after 1:30PM Thursday.

There were no injuries reported except for the family cat that did sustain some burns in the fire.

Homeowner Carl Robertson told Smokey Barn News that the fire started when he and a friend were trying to get a truck started. The truck backfired and ignited some gas that has pooled up under the truck. The two men tried to get it under control but the fire spread too fast.

Fire crews from across the county did a great job getting the fire under control but the home and attached shop are a total loss.

Responding to the fire were the Greenbrier Fire Department, Orlinda Fire Department and White House Community Volunteer Fire Department and Cross Plains Fire.

a 016
Baby Girl’s DVM, Dr. Dee Dee Fredin

The Robertsons’ cat, Baby Girl, was brought to the Robertson County Animal Clinic last night. She suffers from burns all over her body but her face, belly and all four feet are the most affected. She is in a considerable amount of pain but continues to purr when we pet her. She is on strong pain medication and antibiotics. Since the Robertsons’ have lost everything, they will need help with the vet bills for Baby Girl. Donations can be received at the clinic directly. They’re located at 800 5th Ave E in Springfield.  Donations can be made over the phone as well, their number is 615 384-5393.

UPDATE: Saturday June 7th 8:30AM

The Robertson’s  cat “Baby Girl”  has succumbed to her injuries and died. Baby Girl died this Morning around 8:00am.

According to Baby Girl’s DVM, Dr. Dee Dee Fredin, “The heat from the fire caused her body temperature to reach a point where her organs were damaged irreparably.”

The family has been notified, it’s just a sad loss for a family that lost everything. The Robertson’s had adopted Baby Girl as an adult so we don’t know her exact age.

“The community was extremely generous and came together for the Robertson’s cat Baby Girl, but her injuries were just too severe and she passed away this morning. Our thoughts and prayers are with the Robertson’s in this sad time”. Robertson County Animal Clinic

Baby Girl, was brought to the Robertson County Animal Clinic Thursday night suffering from burns all over her body but her face, belly and all four feet were the most affected. Though she was in a considerable amount of pain Baby Girl continued to purr when the medical staff petted her.

Smokey Barn News would like to convey our deepest sympathy to the Robertson’s in the loss of their home and now Baby Girl.

Payne ad 511b

We bring you ALL the News in Robertson County, Tennessee.