Springfield Woman Badly Burned in House Fire

Springfield Woman Badly Burned in House Fire

Springfield Woman Badly Burned in House Fire

SPRINGFIELD TENNESSEE: (Smokey Barn News) – An elderly Springfield woman is at Vanderbilt Medical Center in Nashville after she suffered “extremely critical injuries” from a house fire that started Thursday morning.

First responders were called to the home on Leota Street at 18th Ave in Springfield around 9:20 AM. MAP When fire and medical personnel arrived the front of the home was engulfed in flames.

According to Springfield Fire Chief Jimmy Hamil, when firefighters arrived, the elderly female had already been pulled from the burning home by a passerby or neighbor. The woman had suffered severe burns, Hamill said.

According to Assistant Chief Russell Gupton with Robertson County EMS, the elderly female patient suffered extremely critical injuries related to the fire. The patient was transported initially to Northcrest Medical Center and was then transferred by Vanderbilt LifeFlight To Vanderbilt.

Chief Hamill told Smokey Barn News that the cause of the fire was likely an electrical failure of decorative lighting in a flower pot behind a couch.

The family was put in contact with the American Red Cross.

As more information becomes available about the woman’s condition, we will bring it to you.

The Springfield Fire Department,  Springfield Police, Robertson County EMS, and the Robertson County Emergency Management Agency all responded to the scene.

Comments

comments