VIDEO: Orlinda Home Ignites After Power Comes Back On, Firefighters Make Incredible Stop
ORLINDA TENNESSEE: (Smokey Barn News) – An Orlinda area house, home to an older gentleman, is still standing thanks to “great teamwork” by our local Firefighters.
The home is located on Holmes Rd off E. Church Street near downtown Orlinda. MAP
According to Orlinda Fire Chief Dusty Johnson, the fire started after the home’s power was restored following the storm. Chief Johnson told Smokey Barn News that he believes the fire was caused by an electrical issue in the home’s crawl space or attic, possibly wiring for a light or a utility outlet.
Firefighters from the Orlinda Fire Department, Cross Plains Fire Department and the White House Community Volunteer Fire Department responded quickly and located the fire in the attic. Firefighters were so fast that the damage to the home was minimal, in fact, Chief Johnson said with just a little roof repair, the home was still livable.
The resident, an older gentleman, was not injured. Chief Johnson called the save “good teamwork.”