Age 5- 19? Got Talent? Sign Up For The RC Fair’s Youth Talent Show
ROBERTSON COUNTY TENNESSEE: (Smokey Barn News) – The 2019 Robertson County Fair is packed with fun events like the Summer Black Out Diesel Truck Pull, Full Throttle Monster Trucks and the Demolition Derby along with the Praise & Worship night, sheep show, goat show, carnival rides and agriculture exhibits showcasing all that makes Robertson County great but the main event will surely be the talent show. Do you have a talent that Robertson County needs to see? Piano, guitar, singing, frisbee expert, hula-hoop champion? whatever it is, be sure to sign up today to secure your spot!
Here’s everything you need to know…
Share the Fun Youth Talent Show – Saturday, August 24, 2019, 5:00 PM
Century Stage – Robertson County Fairgrounds
Coordinator: Kathy Finley – email: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Application entries have been extended to Wednesday, August 21st
1. Open to Robertson County and adjacent counties youth, ages 5 – 19 (age on Registration Deadline.)
2. Limited to one non-youth accompanist.
3. Acts will consist of no more than 10 members. Class determined by the oldest member of the group.
4. Acts will be classified as one of three age divisions.
5. Acts will have a time limit of 3-5 minutes depending on the number of entries.
6. All acts may give a short introduction to their performance (included in the time limit).
7. Be ready to perform and checked-in at the Century Stage no later than 4:30 p.m.
8. A p.a. system with three microphones will be furnished.
9. Piano/keyboard, cd/tape players, any other equipment or instruments will not be furnished.
10. One pass will be provided per performer when the application is submitted. One additional pass will be provided per act.
11. Send the music that will be used to email@example.com by Wednesday, August 21. You will need to let us know if you are using a cell phone, jump drive, cd, etc. Be specific so that the music can be ready to keep the show moving.
12. Music should be appropriate for all age groups, i.e, language, subject matter, etc.
13. Only one entry per lot.
14. Application entries have been extended to Wednesday, August 21st. Click Here to print out application and fax to 615-384-2941 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact (615) 384-7936.
Prizes: 1st – $25, 2nd – $15, 3rd – $10 place ribbons per lot, participation ribbons and trophy for “Best of Show” selected from combination of all lots.
Class I – Ages 5 – 8 years old
Class II – Ages 9 – 12 years old
Class III – Ages 13 – 19 years old
Lot 1. Instrumental Performance (Entries including exclusively instrumental music.)
Lot 2. Vocal Performance (Entries including any vocal music act – with or without instrumental back-up.)
Lot 3. Dance Performance (Entries limited to: jazz dance, ballet, clogging/tap, square dance, baton, acrobatics/gymnastics. Gymnasts must use and furnish their own mats.)
Robertson County Fair 2019 – Everything You Need To Know
ROBERTSON COUNTY TENNESSEE: (Smokey Barn News) – The Annual Robertson County Fair Kicks off Tuesday, August 20, 2019. The fair will begin with its annual parade on Memorial Blvd in Springfield at 5pm. Theme: “Country Nights – Carnival Lights” $150 awarded to best-decorated float and $150 awarded to best marching band. Contact: Rusty Fuqua (615) 306-0694
“The 2019 Robertson County Fair is dedicated to REBEKAH LEMLEY. Rebekah was called to serve others which she did through memberships in
local community organizations. She was a 4-H volunteer leader for 17 years after being an active club member for 9 years. She coached state winning dairy products judging teams, chaperoned educational programs & trips, and supported the annual 4-H Congress Pageant. Rebekah was a volunteer for the Robertson County Fair for 21 years, serving as a department superintendent for Photography & the Pet Show. She was President of the Cross Plains FCE Club and was also elected as the Secretary of the countywide family and consumer education clubs. Her volunteering spirit and
enthusiastic personality will be greatly missed by the Robertson County Fair.”
-Trent Cobb, President
The Robertson County Fair Association is a non-profit organization that is completely self-supporting and is run solely by volunteers. Since its establishment in 1938, the Robertson County Fair Association has celebrated all things Robertson County by promoting agriculture, education, and community involvement through quality entertainment in a family-friendly environment.
As a non-profit organization, the Fair Association serves as an advocate for the community through its commitment to preserving the fairgrounds, continuing our annual county fair, as well as providing a variety of entertainment and programs through our many other events.
On that note, they would like to remind everyone that the Robertson County Fair is not just the carnival rides. The Robertson County Fair is everything including the carnival. It’s the arena events, the entertainment at the stage, all the entries from locals (i.e. Baking, crafts, art, photography, canning, tobacco, etc…). It’s about our community coming together. It’s about the 4-H, FFA and FCCLA kids being proud of the work they have done and showcasing the items and animals they have worked hard at creating or raising. So please stop in the Main Exhibit Building and check out all their hard work, they would really appreciate it. Check out all the agricultural events listed below
Week At A Glance
Fairest of The Fair Set For August 10th
Tuesday – Thursday
$14 Pay One Way – Includes Carnival Rides
Senior Citizens Nights – Age 60 & Older
Bring a bag of school supplies (pencils, pens, notebook paper, crayons, etc.) for FREE Admission (Does not include carnival rides)
Friday & Saturday
Adults $10, Students $5 (student are through High School age only) Does not include carnival rides
Saturday 3PM – 7PM
Armband Special for Rides $20 plus Regular Gate Admission
2019 ROBERTSON COUNTY FAIR SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
SUNDAY, AUGUST 18TH
2:00–5:00 PM All exhibit entries must be in the building (except flower and Baking Departments).
TUESDAY, AUGUST 20TH
2:00 PM Open Baking
5:00 PM Fair Parade
6:30 PM Lip Sync Battle – Century Stage
7:00 PM Pedal Race – Arena
7:00 PM Dairy Show – Livestock Pavilion
8:00 PM Mini Rod Pull – Arena
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 21ST
7:00 PM Beef Show – Livestock Pavilion
7:30 PM Praise & Worship Night – Arena
THURSDAY, AUGUST 22ND
6:00 PM Shalom Movements School of Dance Century Stage
6:00 PM DONNIE POSTON & FRIENDS Bluegrass & Gospel (Immediately following Shalom)
7:00 PM The Summer Black Out Diesel Truck Pull – Arena
FRIDAY, AUGUST 23RD
6:00 PM Sheep Show – Livestock Pavilion
7:00 PM Full Throttle Monster Truck – Arena
7:00 PM DOUBLE STANDARD Soulful Rock, R&B and Blues – Century Stage
SATURDAY, AUGUST 24TH
9:00 AM 4-H Pullet Sale – Livestock Pavilion
10:00AM Pet Show – Livestock Pavilion
3:00 PM Goat Show – Livestock Pavilion
5:00 PM 4-H Share The Fun Talent Show – Century Stage (Extended application to Wednesday August 21st)
7:00 PM Demo Derby – Arena
7:00 PM AUSTIN ANDERSON – Century Stage
Tuesday 5PM – $14 Pay One Way
Wednesday 5PM – $14 Pay One Way
Thursday 5PM – $14 Pay One Way
Friday 5PM – $10 Adults/$5 Students (under age 5 is free)
Saturday 3PM $10 Adults/$5 Students (under age 5 is free)
Saturday 3PM – 7PM – Armband Special for Rides $20 plus Regular Gate Admission
Check out Barn Events
UT Extension-Robertson County – Get Ready for the Agricultural Events Scheduled at this year’s County Fair?
During Fair Week, you have opportunities to bring entries for farm crops, garden crops, orchard products, arts and crafts, photography, sewing, baking, canning, and more. You can also bring your animals to show in the barn events for sheep, goats, beef cattle, dairy cattle, chickens, and pets. These agricultural events are great educational opportunities for our children and grandchildren.
Get your entries ready and make sure you arrive at the correct time. See the schedule of events below:
· Sunday, August 18 (2-5 pm) – All entries for crops, garden, canning, etc in the red-brick building.
· Tuesday, August 20 (7 pm) – Dairy Show in the Livestock Pavilion
· Wednesday, August 21 97 pm) – Beef Cattle Show in the Livestock Pavilion
· Friday, August 23 (6 pm) – Sheep Show in the Livestock Pavilion
· Saturday, August 24 (9 am) – 4-H Pullet Sale in the Livestock Pavilion
· Saturday, August 24 (10 am) – Pet Show in the Livestock Pavilion
· Saturday, August 24 (3 pm) – Goat Show in the Livestock Pavilion
· Saturday, August 24 (5 pm) – 4-H Share the Fun Talent Show
· Sunday, August 25 (2-4 pm) – Remove exhibits from the building & collect premiums
For more information on the Fair, you can pick up a copy of the fair catalog at the UT Extension Office, 408 N. Main Street in Springfield, TN. You may also go online to view the fair catalog at https://robertsoncountyfair.com/catalog.
Programs in agriculture and natural resources, 4-H youth development, family and consumer sciences, and resource development. University of Tennessee Institute of Agriculture, U.S. Department of Agriculture and county governments cooperating. UT Extension provides equal opportunities in programs and employment.
For more info on Ag Programs contact: Jeff Smith, UT Extension Agent & Co-Director, Robertson County, at (615) 384-7936.
We bring you ALL the News in and surrounding Robertson County, Tennessee.