Cottontown Home Saved After Fire Engulfs Basement

Cottontown Home Saved After Fire Engulfs Basement

Cottontown Home Saved After Fire Engulfs Basement

COTTONTOWN TENNESSEE: (Smokey Barn News) – A Cottontown home is still standing thanks to great teamwork by three local firefighting agencies.

It started just after 1 am Wednesday morning when a resident on Tyler Ct in Cottontown woke up to the smell of smoke in her home. (Location of fire) According to Fire Chief Joe Williams with the White House Community Volunteer Fire Department, the basement/crawlspace had ignited and was filling the upper part of the home with smoke.  The resident wasted no time immediately called 911.

The White House Community Volunteer Fire Department, the Cross Plains Fire Department, and the Greenbrier Fire Department all quickly leaped into action.

Sponsored

Within minutes firefighters arrived and extinguished the fire, effectively containing it to the basement. The upper part of the home did sustain smoke damage but was otherwise intact.

According to Chief Williams, the likely cause of the fire was an electrical malfunction, though no official cause has been released.

It was another “great stop” for our local Robertson County Firefighters. “A delay of just two minutes more would have produced a completely different outcome,” Willians said.

Mobile: To See The Latest Stories or to share this article, scroll below