Flooding Changes Winter Wonderland Of Lights Schedule
UPDATE 12/18/19: Winter Wonderland of Lights scheduled to open this evening at 5:30 for drive-thru! Scroll below for details on walk-thru dates with Santa, free hot chocolate, & petting zoo.
SPRINGFIELD TENNESSEE: (Smokey Barn News) – Terry Martin, Springfield‘s Director of Parks and Recreation told Smokey Barn News Tuesday afternoon that after careful consideration, Winter Wonderland at Travis Price Park will remain closed this evening.
According to Martin, there are just too many wires that are still underwater so it would not be safe to run the lights.
Mr. Martin and his team will be carefully analyzing the park over the next 24 hours to try to determine whether or not it would be safe to open the park tomorrow evening.
Stay with Smokey Barn News for updates.
(For more area light shows just scroll down below…)
Winter Wonderland Lighted Trail!
at J. Travis Price Park In Springfield
December 18-19 Drive-Thru
December 20-21 Walk-Thru
On Walk Thru Dates: Enjoy a Petting zoo, Concessions & Free Hot chocolate from the City of Springfield! Bring your camera for pictures with Santa in the historic cabin!
December 22-23 Drive-Thru
Follow the lighted trails at J. Travis Price Park…Enter the Candy Cane Forest to see fantasy scenes, decorations
Gates open at 5:30 pm and close at 9:00 pm for all dates.
Location: Travis Price Park: 4155 Wilks Rd, Springfield, TN
Never been to Springfield’s Winter Wonderland? Here’s a look at a previous year…
Local Light Shows – Take A Drive With Family & Friends (Must See)
ROBERTSON COUNTY TENNESSEE: (Smokey Barn News) – It’s that time of year again, pile the kids in the car and see the lights!! Below are some of the best lights shows in Robertson County!
• (Cottontown, TN) Doeden’s Dancing Lights: Make sure to come see Doeden’s Dancing Lights at 1030 Briarwood Dr off hwy 31 about 1.5 miles north of Hwy 76. MAP Tune your radio to 101.5 and watch all 9 songs synced to approximately 20,000 lights on 96 channels! Lights start dancing at 5 until 11 on weekends and until 10 on weeknights.
• (Pleasant View, TN) “Hadley’s light display” at 4050 oak pointe drive pleasant view tn 37146 MAP The show runs from 5:30 p.m to 10:30 p.m Monday thru Thursday and 5:30 to 11 Friday thru Sunday. The music can be heard buy tuning to 88.1 FM.
• (Springfield, TN) “Christmas Lights Spectacular” The Whole House and yard decked with lights and festive scenes: On the corner of 4th & Willow In Springfield MAP Behind Springfield Baptist Church.
• (Springfield, TN) “A Charlie Brown Christmas” themed synchronized light show on 4700 block of Palestine Rd in Springfield. Tune your radio to 90.1 for the show. MAP
• (Greenbrier, TN) 2019 Lights On Logan light Show Over 35,295 lights synchronized to 368 channels of computer-controlled animation. The show will be running til December 31 from 5 p.m. until 10 p.m. Address: 2760 Logan Road Greenbrier, TN. MAP The light show runs every 24 minutes from 5:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m. (11 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays) Tune your car stereo to 103.9 FM when you arrive to hear the show.
• (Greenbrier, TN) A “Christmas Village” Light Display: Intersection of Candy & Old Greenbrier Pike behind Greenbrier Church of Christ on Hwy 41 MAP
• (Cross Plains, TN) Dancing Light Show To Music – Brownstone neighborhood
Friends and family of Robertson County, we are filling up our yard and getting in the spirit with thousands of little lights again this year in the Brownstone neighborhood in Cross Plains. Roughly 100,000 bulbs and 144 channels will be dancing to the music from 5:30pm-9pm Monday through Thursday and 5:30pm-10 on Friday and Saturday. The show will begin on November 28th and end on December 28th Please tune your radio to 107.3 FM from the warmth of your vehicle to enjoy the show. Address: 8208 Brownstone Exd Cross Plains 37049 MAP
POST YOUR LIGHTS
If you are proud of your Christmas Lights and decorations send us a video or photo at [email protected] or post in comments below. If you are comfortable with hundreds of people driving by your home post the address.
If you know of any other great light displays in the area, let us know. Email [email protected]
We bring you ALL the News in and surrounding Robertson County, Tennessee.