Learn More About The “Friends of The Library”
SPRINGFIELD TENNESSEE: (Smokey Barn News) – The Friends of Gorham-MacBane Library is a is a not-for-profit organization for people who are interested in books and libraries.
The Friends meet the 1st Wednesday of every other month at Stokes Brown Public Library at 11am. The next meeting will be held Wednesday, May 5th. Anyone is welcome to join our Friends group.
They meet January, March, May, July, September, and November.
Become A Friend
A ‘Friend’ is someone who can help with an annual membership fee and perhaps be able to give some time to the Library in volunteer hours. Meetings occur six times a year and we have events/activities throughout the year.
Volunteers can help shelve books, prepare materials for children’s groups, or help with special events. There are many opportunities for you to help in your Library. It’s a good way to meet people and make new friends!
The purpose of this organization is:
• To maintain an association of persons who are interested in literature, music, art, science, education, and culture.
• To promote the operation, maintenance, growth, and development of the Library.
• To promote an informed interest in the Library, its services, facility’s needs, and to stimulate the use of the Library resources and services.
• To encourage, receive, and administer gifts, endowments, and bequests for the promotion of the objectives of Gorham-MacBane Public Library.
• To support and cooperate with the Library in developing Library services and facilities for the community.
• To support the freedom to read as expressed in the American Library Association Bill of Rights.
If you would like to join the Friends of Stokes Brown Public Library, contact Ann Rausch at 615.305.2598 or email email@example.com.