Space Heater Ignites Springfield Home

Space Heater Ignites Springfield Home

SPRINGFIELD TENNESSEE: (Smokey Barn News) – Officials say a space heater set to close to blankets and clothing was the likely trigger for a structure fire in Springfield Thursday morning.

The call came into 911 around 9:30 by an alert neighbor who reported seeing heavy smoke rolling out of the windows of a home.

When Springfield Firefighters from station one and station two arrived, the home, located in the 400 block of Circle Dr., was showing heavy smoke but no flames were visible. MAP Firefighters made entry into the home and found an active fire in a small section of the home.

Springfield Firefighters were able to keep the fire contained so the actual fire damage was only 15%. It’s what firefighters call a good stop.

Thanks to the alert neighbor and the great work by our Springfield Firefighters the home should be livable again within just a few weeks.

According to  Springfield Interim Fire Chief Jeff Glodoski, the fire is being labeled as an accident and no one was home at the time of the fire so no injuries were reported. “I was just an accident,” said Chief Glodowski.

We bring you ALL the News in and surrounding Robertson County, Tennessee.