Video: Springfield Fire Save Tiny Home After AC Unit Ignites
SPRINGFIELD TENNESSEE: A Springfield home is still standing thanks to the keen eye of a passerby and quick action by the Springfield Fire Department after the home ignited early Thursday.
The home is located on Leota St near downtown Springfield, MAP the first coming onto 911 around 5:30 am Thursday morning. According to Springfield fire, an AC window unit was the cause of the fire. A passerby spotted the fire and called 911, reporting they could see smoke coming out of the roof and flames were visible. Smoke and visible flames would normally spell trouble for a smaller home with older construction but Springfield Fire made quick work of it, arriving in record time and limiting the damage to about 10 percent of the structure, that-according to one estimate by officials at the scene.
Reportedly no one was home at the time of the fire and no injuries were reported. The Springfield Fire Department, Springfield Police, and the Robertson County Emergency Management Agency all responded to the scene.
Mobile: To See The Latest Stories or to share this article, scroll below