Officials Eye Space Heaters As Possible Cause Of Greenbrier Home Fire

Officials Eye Space Heaters As Possible Cause Of Greenbrier Home Fire

UPDATED: Learn how you can help the family…

GREENBRIER TENNESSEE: (Smokey Barn News) – A Greenbrier home is still standing this evening thanks to local Firefighters.

First responders were called to a home on Mitchell Street after the home’s kitchen ignited shortly after 8 pm Wednesday evening. LOCATION OF FIRE The Greenbrier Fire Department was on scene within minutes and quickly extinguished the fire, containing it the kitchen area. According to Greenbrier Fire Chief Kyle Hamill, the preliminary cause appears to be associated with space heaters.

At least one resident was evaluated by EMS but was not transported. The home is not safe to live in at the moment but will be after repairs are made. According to Chief Hamill, the occupants of the home are able to stay with family elsewhere.

Sponsored

The Greenbrier Fire Department, the Ridgetop Fire Dept, the Robertson County Emergency Management Agency and Robertson County EMS all responded to the scene. The White House Community Volunteer Fire Department remained on standby.

“They did a great job and made a good stop!,” said Chief Hamill.

UPDATE: Though the family was carrying insurance on the structure, it did not include the contents of the home. If you would like to reach out to the family monetarily, a Go-Fund-Me has been set up to assist them. CLICK HERE TO DONATE Smokey Barn News has verified the page. Clothing sizes are also listed on the Go-Fund-Me with a contact person listed at the bottom of the page.

Mobile: To See The Latest Stories or to share this article, scroll below