WHITE HOUSE: Another Great Save By Local Firefighters
WHITE HOUSE TENNESSEE: (Smokey Barn News) – A two car garage is still standing Monday evening thanks to local firefighters. Fire Crews from the White House Community Volunteer Fire department as well as firefighters from Ridgetop, Cross Plains and Greenbrier all responded to the fire located on Union Rd in White House. (Map)
The call came into 911 around 5:49pm Monday evening and by 5:55pm firefighters were on the scene.
When firefighters arrived, what they saw was a two car all metal garage showing heavy smoke with visible fire coming out of a side door. Metal structures offer different challenges to firefighters because they trap heat inside.
To allow the heat to escape the structure firefighters cut holes with K12 saws to ventilate the heat and then aggressively attacked the fire.
According to White House Volunteer Fire Chief Gerald Wakefield, a wood stove is being blamed as the cause of the fire.
Though much of the contents of the garage are a total loss and the garage itself will need significant repairs, firefighters were able to save the structure itself and also several important items for the residents. “It was a good stop,”Wakefield said.
Here are some other great stops by our local fighters…