Springfield Home Ignites Officials Eye Fireplace As Cause, SFD Makes “Great Stop”
SPRINGFIELD TENNESSEE: (Smokey Barn News) – A Springfield home sustained heavy damage after a fire tore through the structure just before 8 pm Saturday evening.
The home is located in 3rd Ave West near Grandview St. in Springfield’s historic district. MAP
Springfield Firefighters arrived quickly and extinguished the fire within minutes. “It was a great stop. Our firefighters did a tremendous job,” officials said.
According to officials, preliminarily, the fire has been classified as accidental. Investigators believe the home’s fireplace is the initial trigger. The fire first spread to the home’s living room, then into the attic, and ultimately through a section of the roof.
Though one resident was examined by Robertson County EMS, no serious injuries were reported and no one was transported from the scene. When firefighters first arrived, one of the residents was on the roof of the home. Officials say the gentleman was safely escorted down by firefighters.
Officials say about 30% of the home was damaged by fire, most of which contained to the living room, attic, and roof of the home. The home also sustained smoke and water damage and will need significant repairs before it is livable again.
This is the second structure fire near downtown Springfield in less than a week. On Tuesday a home on 7th Ave West ignited due to an electrical issue. FULL REPORT It’s unlikely that the fires are connected.
The Springfield Fire Department, Robertson County EMS, and the Robertson County Emergency Management Agency all responded to the scene.
If more information becomes available, we will bring it to you. Refresh this page for updates.
Mobile: To See The Latest Stories or to share this article, scroll below