VIDEO: Heat Lamp For Dog Triggers Cross Plains House Fire
CROSS PLAINS TENNESSEE: (Smokey Barn News) – A Cross Plains home is a total loss after a fire that officials say was triggered by a heat lamp set up for the family dog.
Officials tell Smokey Barn News that three adults were home at the time of the fire, including a wheelchair-bound person but everyone made it out of the home safely.
As far as the cause of the fire, according to Cross Plains Fire Chief Tommy Jackson, the TBI was called in to investigate the fire but ultimately it was determined that a heat lamp set up for the family dog in the garage triggered the blaze. Unfortunately, the dog did not survive.
According to the Robertson County Emergency Management Agency, the family was put in contact with the American Red Cross.
The Cross Plains Fire Department, the White House Community Volunteer Fire Department, the White House (City) Fire Department, the Orlinda Fire Department, the Robertson County Emergency Management Agency, and Robertson County EMS all responded to the fire.
Mobile: To See The Latest Stories or to share this article, scroll below